The Get help with technology service (GHwT) has now closed. Guidance content about the service and the devices your organisation received has moved to Gov.uk.
Accessing Admin/BIOS passwords for DfE-restricted Windows devices
Registered users at organisations that received DfE-restricted devices were sent an email between 23 and 24 May 2022 containing a link to download their DfE-restricted Windows device information. This download link will continue to work after the website closes.
If your email was not registered on GHwT, please contact the organisation that gave you these devices and ask them to send you the information you need.
How to set up laptops and tablets
- Setting up Microsoft Windows laptops and tablets
- Setting up Google Chromebooks
- Setting up Apple iPads
- How to set up a Google domain for care leavers
Dealing with faulty devices
Resetting and safeguarding devices
- Resetting Windows laptops and tablets
- Removing Cisco Umbrella from DfE-provided Chromebooks
- Safeguarding devices
- Managing your 4G wireless routers
About the devices provided by the DfE get help with technology programme